Saturday, January 28, 2012

I have a sister!!

Part One

Hi everyone!

I have exciting news this week; I got a sister!  Her name is Biscuit and we rescued her from the Central Nebraska Humane Society.  She is very pretty and nice, I like her a lot, but I'm still not used to sharing my stuff.  Especially my mom and dad.

Momma said I should be nice and let Biscuit write something since this is about her, so I thought about it awhile, then I got distracted by a treat, then momma said, "Boomer, aren't you forgetting something?"  Oh yes, ok, Biscuit can do some writing.

Hi everyone, my name is Biscuit!  I am 2 years old, or at least that's what the rescue people said I am.  I am reddish-brown and white, and on the petite side.

In the beginning of January, my people abandoned me in the country; I don't know why, and it made me very sad.  I found a house and the people there brought me in and gave me a place to sleep for the night.  The next day, they took me to a place called a Humane Society where they take care of dogs and cats until they can find them new homes.

One day a nice lady in a town 1 1/2 hours away saw my picture on their website, and emailed asking about me.  She was looking for a friend for her boy basset, Boomer.  She decided she wanted to meet me, and brought Boomer along so we could meet, too, and see if we would get along.

The lady works there brought me to the room where Boomer and the nice lady were waiting, and when I saw them through the window, I was so excited!  The lady opened the door, and I went right up to Boomer and said, "Hi!  My name is Biscuit, will you be my friend and play with me?"  He didn't say anything, he just looked kind of puzzled.  I then went over to the nice lady who smiled at me and gave me lots of pets and loves.

I kept trying to get Boomer to play with me, and he still wouldn't.  The lady that works there left the room for a few minutes, but Boomer's momma stayed, which was nice, I really liked her!  Then the other lady gave her some papers and they talked, and while Boomer's momma was doing something with the papers, Boomer finally decided to play with me.  We ran and ran and ran and barked and chased each other; it was lots of fun!


Boomer and me playing in the big room.

We were watching other doggies outside of the big room.  I hope they were going to new homes, too!

Then the work lady went in and out a few times, and Boomer's momma would smile and talk to me.  Then I thought of something wonderful:  Is she going to take me home with her today?  Is this going to be my new momma?  Ohhhhh, I sure hope so!

Next thing I know, the humane society lady is walking me outside with Boomer's momma and she opened the van door and smiled at me, and said, "Get in Biscuit, we're going home!"  I was so excited, I hopped in and sat in the driver's seat and said, "Let's go momma!  I'm ready!"

Whew, I'm really tired, I need to go pick on my new brother and have a rest.  I'll write the rest of my story tomorrow, ok?

Love and drool,

Boomer and Biscuit




5 comments:

Barren Irony said...

I am soo happy for you Boomie!!
♥Annie O.

Barren Irony said...

Boomie and Biscuit!

We have awarded your blog the Pawsome Blogger award :)

You guys rock!

~Annie O and Robin

HoundDogMom said...

Hello, we found your blog from Molly McFreckles and wanted to stop by and say hi. We are a house of hounds if you want to stop by sometime. We just recently added a new sister that is 2 as well to our house. She comes from our local basset rescue in Illinois but actually came all the way from Kentucky to find us. Sniffs, The HoundDogs

Worm, the Basset Hound said...

Oh Biscuit, I'm so glad you found such a wonderful home!! Boomah and his peeples r really great. Methinks u will have lotsa adventures together.

Boomer 'n Biscuit Basset said...

Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments! So sorry I'm getting back to them so late, but they are very appreciated!