Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas presents and dancing

Hiya everyone!  This is my very first post as a blogging basset, and I tell ya, I'm a little nervous!  Some of my other basset friends have blogs, and so I thought I would have a go at it.

Momma and daddy were wrapping Christmas presents this evening (and a couple of them smelled very yummy) and had music playing.  Not Christmas music.  Momma is such a s-c-r-o-o-g-e.  Anyway, a song came on called "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing".  So, daddy started dancing in the kitchen, and I was so surprised, I quit helping wrap presents and laid on the floor and just stared at him, I was kind of scared.

Momma looked at daddy, and said, "Boomer's dad, please stop dancing.  Just because you feel like dancing doesn't mean you should."  Daddy stopped for a little while, then next thing ya know, he was dancing again and momma was wrapping presents fast so he would stop.  I think it's because daddy has a cold and it went to his  head (hahaha), but momma thinks it's something else, but she won't tell me what.  She said it's not for me to know.  Something about Christmas spirits?

On a sad note, two of my basset friends are ATB this week, and at a very young age, too.  The brothers got out of their house and were hit by a car.  Their family is devastated, and our basset board is in shock.  We are sad for their family, and everyone is going to miss the boys very much.

Give your hounds an extra love and treat tonight, ok?

4 comments:

Barren Irony said...

Hi ♥Boomie♥ I love your new blog!
~ Annie O.

Molly McFreckles said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Boomer!

By the way, our Momma dances AND sings to us all the time. She isn't very good at either, but we join in anyway. Daddy just shakes his head at us.

Love,
Molly McFreckles

Boomer 'n Biscuit Basset said...

Thank you, Annie!!

Molly, my momma sings to me, which I don't mind, but when daddy dances... yikes!

Worm, the Basset Hound said...

Boomah! hey, man, nice blog. glad u can join us in Bloggsville : )